Company Keeps Reinventing With New HP Spectre, Combining Exceptional Engineering and Craftsmanship With Beauty and Performance
VERSAILLES, FRANCE—(Marketwired — Apr 5, 2016) — Today at the New York Times International Luxury Conference, HP Inc. (
- CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4 mm.
- Powerful Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors(2) deliver superior performance versus mobile processors often used in this class of device.
- Superb entertainment experience with full HD 13.3″ diagonal edge-to-edge display and Bang & Olufsen sound.
The HP Spectre and new premium portfolio were showcased alongside the results of the company’s collaboration with world-renowned designers Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah. The collaboration features exclusive, limited edition luxury notebooks at the intersection of high-end art and leading technology.
“The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel® Core™ i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
World’s Thinnest Laptop
HP reimagined every element during the design of the HP Spectre to ensure the best user experience coupled with maximum performance. The result is a premium notebook PC that does not force users to compromise on style, function or performance with features such as:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 2.45 pounds (3).
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life(4) while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop(1).
- Full HD IPS (5) edge-to-edge display featuring Corning® Gorilla® delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors(2) and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB(7) with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel® hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-C™ connectors, including two of which support Thunderbolt™, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
New ENVY Hybrid Features Thinner Design, Longer Battery Life and 4K Display Option
Combining power and performance in a new thin profile, the 15.6″ diagonal HP ENVY x360 is 21 percent thinner with longer battery life compared to the previous generation, weighing just 4.5 pounds(3) and measuring 18.8 mm thin. With a timeless, all metal design, the HP ENVY x360 now offers a higher resolution display option for customers who want to view or edit 4K content. Key features include:
- Longer battery life with up to 11 hours compared to 8 hours on the previous generation (4).
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors(2) with optional Intel® Iris™ graphics or 7th generation AMD FX™ 9800P Quad-Core Processor(6) with Radeon™ R7 Graphics.
- Full HD (4) display option and clear, premium sound with HP Audio Boost technology with tuning by Bang & Olufsen to extend the entertainment experience.
- Two USB 3.0 Gen 1 ports with one supporting HP USB Boost, one USB Type-C™ for data transfer, HDMI and SD card reader for maximum productivity.
- Up to 16 GB of system memory and single or dual storage options with up to 2 TB HDD and up to 256 GB PCIe SDD (7).
Power in Lighter ENVY Laptops
The new generation of HP ENVY laptops offer sleek, metal designs featuring big power and performance, plus edge-to-edge flush glass displays for beautiful viewing experiences. Both feature three USB 3.0 ports and a USB Type-C™ that support data transfer to make adding or connecting accessories easy, as well as HP Fast Charge, which allows customers to charge the battery up to 90 percent in just 90 minutes when powered off(5).
Both devices are lighter than their predecessors, with the 15.6″ ENVY a half pound lighter than the previous generation weighing in at 4.4 pounds(3) and 17.95 mm thin, while the17.3″ diagonal HP ENVY laptop weighs only 6.6 pounds(3) with a 25.45 mm profile.
The15.6″ diagonal HP ENVY laptop also features:
- Choice of Intel® Core™ processors up to i7(2) with option of UMA or Intel® Iris™ graphics.
- 16 GB of memory with dual storage options of up to 1 TB HDD(7) and 256 GB PCIe SSD(7).
- Windows Hello(8) support on optional HD IR camera(9).
The 17.3″ diagonal HP ENVY features:
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor (2) with NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX graphics.
- Up to 1 TB HDD (7) or up to 512 GB SATA SSD (7). The 17.3″ diagonal HP ENVY laptop also comes with an optical disk drive.
- Windows Hello(8) support on optional Intel® RealSense™ camera(9).
Pricing and Availability (10)
- The 13.3″ diagonal HP Spectre is planned to be available on HP.com and BBY.com on April 25 for pre-order with a starting price at $1,169.99 and is planned to be available in Best Buy stores on May 22 with a starting price at $1,249.99.
- The 15.6″ diagonal HP ENVY x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on June 1 and bestbuy.com on May 29 and Best Buy stores on June 12 starting at $679.99.
- The 15.6″ diagonal HP ENVY laptop is planned to be available on HP.com on May 25 and retailers in June 12 with a starting price at $779.99.
- The 17.3″ diagonal HP Envy is planned to be available on HP.com on June 1 and bestbuy.com on May 29 and available in Best Buy stores on June 12 with a starting price at $1,029.99.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based on HP’s internal analysis as of 2/10/16 of vendors shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually with clamshell design, Windows or OSX, priced > $400USD, measured at z-height.
(2) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(3) Weight will vary by configuration.
(4) Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(5) Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(6) Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(7) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Some features including Windows Hello and Continuum require more advanced hardware. See www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade and www.windows.com/windows10upgrade. Pre-release product shown, subject to change. Apps sold separately.
(9) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
© 2016 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.