Unveils Software to Enhance Performance for Mac Users
PALO ALTO, CA—(Marketwired — Apr 18, 2016) — HP Inc. (
Built for demanding users, the third generation HP Z1 Workstation is smaller, thinner and lighter delivering screaming performance at a great value.
- 47 percent smaller, 51percent lighter and 21 percent less expensive than the previous generation.
- 23.6 inch diagonal anti-glare UHD 4K display for the outstanding visual clarity when working on graphic intensive projects.
- Intel® Xeon® processor options for powerful workstation-class processing technology for the most demanding applications.
HP also detailed its new receiver software for Apple® Mac® OS X. Using HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS),2 the receiver is designed to give Mac users access to their high-end HP Z Workstations. HP RGS allows engineers, animators and scientists to securely use the performance, files and applications on their HP Workstation, even when they are away from that workstation.
“We took our groundbreaking, and most innovative workstation — the original Z1 — and reinvented it by listening to our customers to create a new smaller, lighter and lower cost model,” said Jeff Wood, vice president and general manager, Workstations and Thin Clients, HP Inc. “The new Z1 will introduce more new customers to workstation power and reliability, while HP RGS with a Mac Receiver will open doors to more Apple customers wanting to integrate our powerful Z Workstations.”
HP Z1 G3 Built for Engineers, Artists and Education
The HP Z1 G3 continues to offer professionals the ability to bundle all the features of a workstation in a compelling AiO form factor. New functionalities and technologies in the next generation bring accelerated performance and greater reliability to the all-in-one workstation class.
“We are blessed to have one of the best, most well-equipped labs in the country,” says Howard Cook, assistant professor, C/T at the Digital Animation Center. “HP Z1 Workstations are speedy, robust machines. And we like the compact form factor.”
The HP Z1 is designed leveraging 30 years of HP Z DNA with extensive ISV certifications and a minimum of 115,000 hours of testing in HP’s Total Test Process. The Z1 features:
- A 23.6 inch diagonal anti-glare UHD 4K display for outstanding visual clarity.
- Intel® Xeon® quad-core3, 64 GB ECC memory.4,5
- NVIDIA® Quadro® graphics.
- Dual PCIe HP Z Turbo Drives6 for speedy boot up, calculation, and response times for large files. Users can maximize storage by adding up to two additional 2.5″ SATA SSDs or HDDs.4
- Multiple ports to quickly and easily transfer data and connect devices including side access dual Thunderbolt 3 with USB 3.1, USB charging port, media card reader, DisplayPort, and more.
HP RGS Receiver for Mac Deepens Integration for Workstation Customers
Mac users can experience maximum performance by multi-tasking between native Mac OS apps and super-charged Windows or Linux workstation applications through HP RGS. With HP RGS, users of Mac or MacBook® products can:
- Connect seamlessly across the office or world to a Windows or Linux workstation session for joint development, interactive edits and design reviews.
- Access business-critical, high-performance 2D, 3D, video and media-rich applications.
- View graphics rich content on a single display or on multi-monitor setups.
- Connect to a fully loaded HP Z840 Workstation — it is like upgrading your Mac with up to 9x the processing cores, 30x the memory and adding professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics.
- Accomplish render time and editing of ultra-high res video content and FX at exponentially faster speeds.
The HP RGS Receiver for Mac is just one of the tools that HP provides to customers looking to increase power and performance by integrating HP Z Workstations with existing computers and workflows. The HP Workstation technical and research and development teams have worked closely with partners in industry’s such as animation, special FX, product design, research facilities and universities making this transition to provide innovative workflow optimizations — like the ability to quickly swap the Windows button with the Apple Command key on the keyboard.
HP Z Workstation software and tools are part of the company’s unwavering commitment to the creative professional. These products are the technology innovation engines of companies around the globe, designing everything from automobiles to block-buster movies.
Pricing and Availability
- The HP Z1 G3 is expected to be available in May starting at $1498.
- HP Remote Graphics Software is available now for HP Z Desktop and ZBook Mobile Workstations as a free download for existing HP Z Workstation customers. The Mac receiver is free for HP RGS users and is coming soon. HP RGS sender licenses can also be purchased for use on supported, non-HP hardware.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1. IDC Q4’15 WW WS Historical Tracker 02.10.16
2. HP RGS requires a Windows, Linux or OS X 10.10 and newer operating system and network access.
3. Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
4. Intel® Xeon® E3 can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
5. Sold separately or as an optional feature.
6. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
7. For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB (for Windows 10) of disk space is reserved for the system recovery software.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.