New Convertibles, Notebooks and Desktops Feature Amped Up Power, Battery Life and Capabilities Found in Premium Lines at an Affordable Price
PALO ALTO, CA—(Marketwired — May 3, 2016) — Today HP Inc. (
- HP Pavilion x360: Offered in five colors1 with a stylish new digital thread design on the keyboard deck, a 15.6″ diagonal model joins the 11.6″ and 13.3″ diagonal platforms with a geared hinge inspired by the HP Spectre x360 to transition into four modes.
- HP Pavilion: Features discrete graphics, five new colors1, the iconic digital thread design and Intel® RealSense™ Camera2 option for improved security with facial authentication with Windows Hello3.
- HP Pavilion All-in-Ones: Powerful and features a new micro edge display option on the 23″ diagonal model reduces the border width 75 percent to 6.4mm compared to the standard edge-to-edge display option at 26mm.
- HP Pavilion Desktop: Playful, eye-catching tower design offers a 30 percent smaller footprint compared to the previous generation without sacrificing power.
“Some customers want thin and light PCs for on the go while other customers want power and performance to create and store,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “HP’s redesigned Pavilion PCs offer affordability and a variety of options for customers to get the functionality they need in a PC packed with style and personality.”
Performance with a Pop of Color
The new HP Pavilion PCs feature updated designs with more color options. Audio custom tuned by experts at B&O PLAY and vibrant displays, including Full HD4 IPS options, provide an immersive computing experience. The new line-up also features the latest Intel® or AMD processors and graphics.
To meet customers’ increased desire for more mobile solutions, the HP Pavilion convertible and notebook PCs are thinner and lighter than the previous generation. They feature Prismatic Lithium ion battery cells to maintain long battery life and offers HP Fast Charge5, which can charge the PC up to 90 percent in 90 minutes when powered off.
The HP Pavilion desktop PCs feature smaller footprints in iconic form factors with sleek profiles to maximize desk space, making them the focal point of the home or home office.
Versatility for On-the-Go Entertainment with New x360s
For 2016, HP redesigned the HP Pavilion x360s to be sleek with audio custom tuned by experts at B&O PLAY for on the go entertainment. HP added a new 15.6″ diagonal model to the 11.6″ and 13.3″ diagonal HP Pavilion x360s which are 12-14 percent thinner with lighter designs compared to the previous generations with starting weights at 2.93lbs6 and 3.48lbs6 and profiles at 19.3mm and 19.8mm thin respectively. HP’s new 15.6″ diagonal HP Pavilion x360 starting weight is 5.07lbs6 and is 23.9mm thin. This year’s models feature a new digital thread pattern on the keyboard deck in a pearl coloring for added depth and style which now spans across the Pavilion convertible and notebook portfolios.
The Pavilion x360s are available in an assortment of colors including Natural Silver, Modern Gold, Dragonfly Blue, Cardinal Red and Sport Purple1.
Other features include:
- Up to nine hours and 15 minutes of battery life7 depending on model.
- HD8 or option for Full HD IPS2 displays on the 13.3″ and 15.6″ diagonal models.
- Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB SSD9 with the option for hard drive storage up to 1TB9, depending on model.
- Choice of the latest Intel® Celeron®, Intel® Pentium® or up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors10 subject to model.
- A full-size keyboard now offering optional backlit keyboard on 13.3″ and 15.6″ diagonal versions and 1.5mm key travel for a comfortable typing experience.
Pavilion Laptops Deliver Style and Power
The new portfolio of Pavilion notebooks include 14″ and 15.6″ diagonal Pavilion notebooks that are 11-22 percent thinner and lighter with a smaller footprint compared to the previous generation. The starting weight is 3.3lbs6 and 4.26lbs6 with thin profiles at 19.5mm and 22.5mm, for the 14″ and 15.6″ diagonal versions respectively. For creating and consuming media, HP is also offering more power and performance in 15.6″ and 17.3″ diagonal Pavilion models with starting weights at 4.62lbs6 and 6.28lbs6 and 24.5mm and 29.9mm thin profiles, respectively. The new designs are offered in a variety of color options including Natural Silver, Modern Gold, Blizzard White, Onyx Black, Cardinal Red, Dragonfly Blue and Sport Purple1 with the new threaded design element on the keyboard and speakers.
Other features include:
- Up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor10 options with optional NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950M or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M graphics or 7th generation AMD A12-9700P Quad-Core processor11 with optional Radeon™ R7 Graphics on select models.
- Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB SSD9 or up to 2TB9 for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 2TB9 HDD and 128GB SSD9 on select models.
- Optical disk drive for select Pavilion models.
- Edge to edge HD8 or FHD4 IPS displays with optional touch for a more interactive experience on the PC depending on model.
All-in-Ones Bring Style and Immersive Entertainment to the Home
HP is now offering two new HP Pavilion All-in-Ones in 23.8″ and 27″ diagonal displays with an edge-to-edge display or a micro edge display option on select models that further reduces the border 75 percent for more viewing area compared to the edge-to-edge display. The micro edge display tilts from -5 degrees to 25 degrees while the edge-to-edge display tilts from 0 to 25 degrees for a comfortable viewing experience. IPS displays are available in Full HD4 or Quad HD12, with optional touch and audio custom-tuned by experts at B&O PLAY adds dynamic sound on the two front firing speakers for a truly immersive experience.
The new open framed stand creates a light design and the sleek profile with ports hidden on the chin and back to maximize desk space. On select models, the HP Pavilion All-in-Ones now offer an HP Privacy Camera that will only pop up via a spring mechanism when in use and can be pressed in to disable both the camera and microphone as a privacy safeguard.
Other features include:
- Intel® Pentium® or up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor10 options with optional NVIDIA® GT® 930A graphics or 7th generation AMD up A10 processor11 options.
- 1TB8 with options up to 3TB9 for storing photos, files, games and movies. Customers can also choose a hybrid drive options with up to 1TB9 SSHD.
- Memory up to 16GB.
- Optional Intel® RealSense™ Camera2 on select models for enhanced security through face authentication with Windows Hello3. It also enables gesture control apps to provide new ways to interact with the PC.
Smaller Tower without Sacrifice
The new HP Pavilion Desktop features a signature vertical design and is offered in new chic colors including, Natural Silver, Blizzard White and Twinkle Black1 to fit beautifully in the home. The affordable desktop PC is designed for productivity and entertainment without sacrificing features with more storage and graphics options. Other features include:
- Intel® Celeron® up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor10 options with optional NVIDIA® GT® 730 to NVIDIA® GTX® 750i graphics or 7th generation AMD up A12 processor11 with Radeon™ R7 Graphics options.
- Up to 16GB of memory and up to 3TB9 of storage. Optical disk drive for media.
- For multitasking, the HP Pavilion Desktop supports up to two displays and supports all the ports customers need for peripherals.
To further the desktop experience, HP is offering a new Pavilion 32″ Quad HD12 display with wide-viewing angles and 100 percent sRGB13 color space delivers true-to-life color. Customers will also be able to conveniently connect to their devices with dual HDMI, DisplayPort™ and a USB hub.
Pricing and Availability14
- The 11.6″ diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 15 with a starting price at $379.99 and BestBuy.com on May 15 with a starting price at $399.99.
- The 13.3″ diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 29 with a starting price at $479.99 and BestBuy.com on May 29 with a starting price at $499.99.
- The 15.6″ diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 25 with a starting price at $579.99 and select retailers on July 6 with a starting price at $729.99.
- The 14″ diagonal HP Pavilion is planned to be available at select retailers on June 12 with a starting price at $539.99.
- The 15.6″ diagonal HP Pavilion is planned to be available on May 18 on HP.com with a starting price at $579.99 and select retailers with a starting price at $599.99.
- The 17.3″ diagonal HP Power Pavilion is planned to be available on HP.com on May 18 with a starting price at $899.99 and select retailers on May 18 with a starting price at $1,099.99.
- The 23.8″ diagonal HP Pavilion All-in-One is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on July 10 with a starting price at $699.99.
- The 27″ diagonal HP Pavilion All-in-One is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on July 3 with a starting price at $999.99.
- The HP Pavilion Desktop is planned to be available on HP.com on June 29 and select retailers on June 26 with a starting price at $449.99.
- The 32″ diagonal HP Pavilion Display is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on June 26 with a starting price at $399.99.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Colors vary by region.
(2) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information.
(3) Some features including Windows Hello and Continuum require more advanced hardware. See www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade and www.windows.com/windows10upgrade. Pre-release product shown, subject to change. Apps sold separately.
(4) Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(5) Recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off (using “shut down” command). Recommended for use with the HP adapter provided with the notebook, not recommended with a smaller capacity battery charger. After charging has reached 90% capacity, charging speed will return to normal speed.
(6) Weight will vary by configuration.
(7) Windows 10/MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(8) High-definition (HD) content required to view HD images.
(9) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(10) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(11) Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(12) Quad High-definition (QHD) content required to view QHD images.
(13) All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
(14) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
DisplayPort™ and the DisplayPort™ logo are trademarks owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) in the United States and other countries.
© 2016 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.